Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome

I guess my first post should tell you a bit about myself.

I am a pastry chef in down town toronto as well as a butcher at ethical and sustainable shop. I live in the west end of toronto in the apartment next to my best friend. I have been infected with a disease since as far back as I can remember... its called the travel bug. Don't worry... there is an easy cure.I have an amazing family and am a new aunt to the cutest baby boy on the planet earth.

I often find myself thinking about food. especially the food we get here in the western half of the world. walking into my local metro kind of makes my stomach turn. I am a firm believer in local and seasonal produce, meat,and grains. while it sure is wonderful to be able to walk steps out my door and be able to grab a pineapple i cant help but think about how far this had to travel to get into my hands.

I am a huge coffee and tea fan but only fair trade and organic. I worked on a fair trade coffee plantation when I was in Nicaragua and the work was back breaking, I cant imagine putting someone through so much hard physical labor for unfair wages....I think its bull shit. (kitchen worker sorry I swear sometimes)

I have lots of stories, travels, recipes, books, photos, opinions and love to share with you... come back for a visit sometime... Until next time and remember when laughing make sure not to be drinking/eating anything it could end up in some mighty fine pain for your nostrils.

No comments:

Post a Comment