Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Monday, April 4, 2011

rants and reviews

Today was probably the worst day of my entire life. I had a terrible day at work where absolutely nothing was going right, probably because my mind is elsewhere, and on top of that I come home to my landlord telling me that he believes I am lying and didn't pay my rent, that I am trying to make him look like a criminal and basically i am a terrible human being. Now if I didn't pay my rent I would not be ranting to you lovely people about it, nor would I be so upset. Basically the next step is to talk to the building owner and find out what I need to do. I think my landlord changed his tune because he got in shit...all I want is for this to be all over. But enough about my complaining about my terrible life here is the review on my brunch at the Drake Hotel this past Sunday.



As you can tell from the pictures mom had a waffle with fried chicken and chunky cherry jam, which was wonderful. It was my first taste of chicken and waffles and I can now see why people enjoy it so much! I had a veggie breakfast burrito filled with scrambled eggs, avocado, bell peppers, red onions and medium cheddar. It was wonderful and filling and made me smile. The chutney that it was served with I was not so sure about, and to tell you the honest truth I am not even too sure what it was, either way the main part of my brunch was wonderful. Service was quick and polite and we were not bothered at all which is exactly how I like my brunch service. Let me drink my coffee and eat my meal and don't spent too much time at my table please, this is how my brunch servers get good tips...hint hint.

I have been to the Drake Hotel many times for drinks after work but I had never been to eat. So far my experiences there have been great, all I need to do to get the full picture is to have dinner there :) all in good time.

So I am sitting here at midnight popping  "Julie and Julia" into my DVD player because it is probably the only movie I have that will make me happy. I wish there was a place by my house that served duck confit at this hour, that would truly make me happy, until I can get some duck I guess nutella will have to suffice! 

I hope you all (if there is anyone even reading this blog) had a wonderful monday and the rest of the work is even better :)

Updates and maybe some enviro ideas tomorrow

nighty night

No comments:

Post a Comment