Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Goed Eten




Goed Eten is a tiny brunch spot just south of Dundas on Ossington (188 Ossington Ave.). I found it by accident a few Sundays ago while strolling with my Mom and we decided to grab a quick bite. There is only about 6 tables, and some stools at a counter, its tiny but worth it. The coffee was wonderful, it was just plain brewed coffee, nothing fancy, but it is the closest thing to good coffee I have had since I was living in Nicaragua and the beans cam roasted from my backyard.

Service was friendly and professional, not super fast, but not slow either. I had Eggs Benny on peameal and an English muffin, with home fries and an apple slaw, and mom had eggs Benny on grilled veggies and an English muffin with he same sides. The also offered the poached eggs on smoked salmon. I say if your going to do something do it well, and they came through, the eggs were poached to perfection, and the apple slaw was killer! A small menu but what they do, they do well, I did not hear one complaint from any of the full 5 tables and 4 bar stools around me !

The only thing I found kind of confusing was that the Name of the restaurant didn't really match the food or the Decor. I was expecting more of a Belgian theme when I saw the name but the only real Belgian thing on the menu was the waffles. and the Decor was not specific, parts looked very french, parts European and parts just diner style.

All in all a wonderful meal. I would say, Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment