Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Monday, August 6, 2012

Fool Proof Base Bread Dough

This is my trusted recipe that I pretty much use for everything from rolls to pizza dough, focaccia and sweet loafs! So far the only people I have divulged this recipe too have been my interns at the restaurant....but here I go sharing it with all of you!

3kg Bread Flour
80g Salt
120g fresh yeast
1700ml warm water
250 ml olive oil (veggie oil for sweet doughs)
and if you have it a good hand full of a sour dough starter

this makes a rather big batch...about 300 rolls or so. For home use I would probably cut it in half!

some examples of additions that work well are, black olives,grated strong hard cheeses, sauteed onions and rosemary, sun dried tomatoes, toasted walnuts and cranberries and thick tomato sauce with parm cheese rolled up into a pinwheel.  You can pretty much add anything to this dough that tastes good and it will come out wonderful! Try it out and let me know what you think :)








No comments:

Post a Comment