Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sarahs Salt Spring Island Adventure - Part 4

 One Fish, Two Fish..........



  Ok all you Dr. Seuss enthusiast, I am talking about Red Fish Blue Fish, a popular sea side take out restaurant, on the docks of downtown Victoria, BC. My friend Erin and I took a day off island, for a little shopping, and sightseeing, and of course food.
  So we took the ferry, to Swartz Bay, the grabbed the Double Decker bus, right into the heart of Victoria. We did some consignment shopping, and stopped at the famous Fan Tan Alley, in Victoria’s China town. Had coffee at the cutest coffee shop I have ever seen, and then went for lunch. Our destination was already picked, so we just had to find it.
  So by suggestion of the Hastings House Pastry Chef Rosemary, we went to check out Red Fish Blue Fish, a 100% sustainable outdoor waterfront eatery. It was only slightly hard to find, we walked up and down Warf St. A few times, before we got smart and walked down to the docks, and there it was! Right on the dock, in a converted cargo container, this trendy and fresh restaurant, offers Fish and Chips, plus more. The line up was 20 people deep, so it gave us ample time to decide what we wanted, but it still wasn’t easy.
  Erin got the classic Fish and Chips, but with Salmon. I had more of a problem; I ended up with 2 Tacones, a Grill Seared Albacore Tuna, and a BBQ Fanny Bay Oyster, an order of Spicy Pacific Fish Poutine, and an order of Deep Fried Pickles. After you order there is a 10-20 minute wait for your food, but bench seat have been set up to sit and eat on the water. Everything was incredible, but I’ll be more specific.
   Erin’s Salmon Fish and Chips was my favorite, cooked perfectly, crispy but not to greasy. The Tacones, which I guess I should explain, are flour tortillas, filled with slaw, pea shoots, and lemon pickled onions, then of course your choice of meat or vegetables. Made fresh while you wait, these tasty and creative rolls are way bigger than you think they are, trust me. The Spicy Seafood Poutine, was delicious, and probably my second favorite. It wasn’t too spicy, and juicy, without being soggy. Then there was the pickles, again perfectly cooked and crispy, but the best part was the Dill’d Dijonaisse, one of their many homemade sauces.
  So for around 20 bucks, I got a ton of good food, and a drink. We sat on the dock, in Victoria Harbour, and enjoyed a beautiful September day, and even had a new friend join us for lunch. A great day, that I will always remember.
 












No comments:

Post a Comment