Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lavender Crazy - week 3

Sarah has spiced up a family favorite and made short bread just a little bit more addicting! try it!!



8   Tbls cold butter
¼   Cup sugar
1    Cup All-purpose flour
¼    Cup cornstarch
¼    tsp salt
2     Tbls dried lavender

   Cream the butter, then add the sugar, stir until well mixed. Mix flour, cornstarch, and salt together, and then add to the butter mixture. Once well mixed, add the lavender, and then turn out onto a floured surface and knead 5-10 times, or until the dough is smooth. Now roll out and cut into which ever shape or size you want, and bake at 350 degrees, for 20- 30 minutes, or until slightly brown on top.

  I made 2 batches of these, the first I topped with crushed pistachios before baking, and the second I added chopped sage when I added the lavender. My mother and I liked the Lavender/Sage cookies, while my sister and Auntie Deb like the pistachio cookies. As for my Dad, well he said they tasted like soap, I guess lavender is not for everybody.

Enjoy!!!

Love Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment