Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lavender Crazy Week 4

                                              Lavender Cooking Experiment # 4

Lavender Truffles

   So this one is for all you chocolate lovers out there, including Kristen. This recipe is really quite simple, a will definitely impress guests. It is a 2 day process though so give yourself time.
   You will need;

½ Cup 35% Cream
8 oz or 1 box of Bakers Chocolate
1 tsp of dried Lavender
Nuts or Coco Powder for rolling in

   First heat the cream and lavender in a sauce pan, just bring it to a simmer, turn it off and let it steep for 30 minutes or so. While your cream is sitting, roughly chop up your chocolate. Most recipes call for dark, or unsweetened chocolate, I doubled the recipe and used unsweetened, and semi sweet. At this point you can strain out the lavender; I left it in for optimal flavour. Re heat the cream, and add your chocolate and stir until smooth and shiny. This is known as a ganache in the culinary world. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Now the good old messy fun begins. Using a melon baler, or small spoon, spoon out the size you want and roll in your hands until smooth, then roll in your nuts or coco. Place your truffles on a baking sheet, a put back in the fridge for at least 7 hours so that they set.






   So as for the results; now I have never been a big fan of chocolate, which is why I opted to use a sweeter chocolate, but I found that the slight lavender taste really complimented this rich dessert. My Mom, who could only eat half, said the same. As for my Aunt Debbie, well, when I called to ask her how she liked them, she told me that if I checked her mouth at that very moment, I would find pieces of truffle. Oh Aunt Deb!

   Many more great Lavender recipes to come so keep checking back!!

Love Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment