Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lavender Crazy Week 5!

Lavender Experiment # 5

Honey Lavender Chicken

   So I’ve been on this Lavender kick for a few weeks now, planning out things to try and make, most of which are desserts. But what about savory???? So for dinner I tried Honey Lavender Chicken, and this one I recommend everyone try.

  So I have no standard recipe for you this time, just a few simple instructions.  First mix together honey, dried lavender, and cracked black pepper.





   Next, season your chicken breast with salt, pepper, and dried lavender, and press into the skin. Bake your chicken at 350, for about 20 minutes.

   Pour half the honey mixture over the chicken, and return to the oven, repeat again in 10-15 minutes. I turned the broiler on low for the last 3 minutes to crisp up the skin.

   Take your chicken out to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. During this time I reduced the left over honey mixture in the bottom of my baking dish pour over top my chicken and vegetables.

   It was only me for dinner this time, but I was very impressed, if that counts. The honey and lavender compliment the chicken so well. I served it with roasted vegetables and Israeli cous cous, which included brussel sprouts, and the honey lavender mixture complimented them as well.

Altogether a win, and one that I’m adding to my dinner rotation.

Next up is Lavender cup cakes, so keep checking back!!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete