Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

PEACHES



Ontario It’s Peach Season!!!!!
   Well actually, peach season is coming to an end. I’m sorry, this post is late, but I got caught up in the peach fun and got carried away. For the last few weeks, I’ve been buying baskets of peaches, and just going nuts.









  So what can you do with peaches? Well...anything.  I started with some preserves. I did hot pepper and ginger, cloves and sage, and purple basil with lemon. Pour over some hot simple syrup, and put on the lids. Wait at least a week before opening. I even pickled some during my pickling event, perfect for your wine and cheese, or just a snack.
   My next project was spicy peach compote. I stewed the peaches (skins off) for a few hours, and then added my secret ingredient. Actually it’s just a habanero pepper sauce a friend brought me back from Jamaica, shhhhh.  I then used this compote, on a roasted flattened chicken. It was tasty!
   For an after yoga dinner with a friend one night we did slow roasted duck legs. We decided to sautéed up some peach slices, and added some stinky cheese. We got the stinky cheese at the Duffrin Grove Farmer’s market, along with some patty pan squashes. We added some zucchini with my garden, and had ourselves quite the meal.
   Now for some real fun; dessert peach wontons. A Sarah original! I took grilled peach slices, some mascarpone cheese, and blueberries, and made some dessert wontons, I baked them for 25 minutes, and served warm, a delicious little dessert, and not too sweet.
   So there you have my peach fun. Do you have any fun ideas? Share them with us and we’ll give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment