Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

discrimination for all

I have been noticing as of late that a lot of people, even my friends have a hard time accepting peoples different sexualities. I have especially been noticing that they are not discriminating against me and my sexuality but that of my best friends. I am really close with two openly gay males that I work with and it breaks my heart that people that we work with and otherwise accept me for who I am but constantly make fun of them for who they are. I feel like its a double standard to be fine with lesbians but not gay males...that just does not add up in my head. As it has become more evident to me I am taking a stand. If you are discriminating against my friends no matter what their life decisions you are discriminating against me, and I will no longer sit by and let it happen.

I am sorry that the teasing we all went through in high school is still going on for you and I am sorry that people are so moronic. I am sorry that people believe its OK to "hate" one side and "love" the other. I am sorry that I stood by and let it happen for so long. I am proud that you are stronger they I am, and are living proof that it does get better. I am proud how you do not let it effect who you are and who you love but most important I am proud to be your friend.  I love you both insane amounts and will take a stand against this bullying.

C & S I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment