Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Monday, April 25, 2011

Vegan Experiment

Tonight me and my selected family (best friends) are having our easter dinner, I working at a butcher shop decided i would supply the lovly bone in smoked ham, but I also have wanted to challenge myself as of late. I have been trying to think of different food challenges that would fit me that I could test out and write about for a month or longer...Trying out a vegan lifestyle is one of those choices. So along with my ham I am going to bring with me some vegan scalloped potatoes :) wish me luck, when you are use to cooking with cheese and dairy and eggs, it can make thing a tad difficult. here we go! this is the recpie that I found and am going to test out, i might tweek it a little bit!

2lbs yukon potatoes
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup plain soymilk
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
1 teaspoon white miso

off to the store I go :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment