Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Monday, September 10, 2012

My Appologies and Jason Mraz

I am just going to apologize in advance for the randomness of the posts this week. TIFF (the Toronto International Film Festival) is eating both Sarah and I alive! I am going to send a few posts this week but they wont be as regular or as scheduled as normal! Think of this as a week of vacation posts....not your regular programing! I Hope everyone in Toronto has an awesome TIFF and everyone else has an awesome week!


Now on the random posting note, late night I was the happiest girl in the world. Or maybe happy as a pig in shit...happy as a clam?? okay you get it I was so happy! I Got the chance to see my favorite musician perform at the Molson amphitheater here in Toronto! The show was nothing short of wonderfully uplifting, singing old hits and new soon to be classics from his most recent album. The crowd was dancing and sending out some of the most positive vibes I have ever felt!

When we were walking to our gate to enter the amphitheater there were quite a few booths set up selling things but one caught my eye! It was a pledge booth! Jason has set up this pledge booth at all of his concerts on his 2012 tour. Basically you get a free water bottle if you pledge to plant a tree! I read also that to help offset the carbon foot print his tour is leaving he is planting a tree in every city he visits.

It was a cold night, and the event was outdoors but it was so perfect I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!  Indoors wouldn't have had the same passion or feel to it!

I LOVE this idea and I LOVE the example he is setting for his millions of fans to help take care of the planet! When the music was over and he was saying his goodbyes he reminded everyone to take all of their belongings and garbage with them when they left!

I could gloat all day about the amazingness that is Jason Mraz but I think I am already starting to sound like a little school girl in love! All in all the concert and evening in general were fantastic!

If he is coming to your town get some seats or a patch of grass, go and listen to him change your mind about life!


love love love

Kristen 



No comments:

Post a Comment