Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Saturday, April 6, 2013

La Basilique du Sacre Coeur de Montmartre Sacred Heart, Paris France





    Sacred Heart is a Roman Catholic Church located in the heart of Paris. What makes this place even more appealing to tourists is that it’s located at the very highest point in the city, on the summit of Montmarte, which means great views all around, literally! But now for the bad part, I’m sure it has been mentioned I am not a fan of stairs, or hills. One or two flights ok, 17 or more and I’m out, but sometimes you have to suck it up to see the important things.
    So up we climb, I didn’t count them, and I didn’t want to know to be honest. The only thing I was thinking about was how much this sucked, and how it better be worth it. So far the explanation that there was a church on top wasn’t doing it for me. Well we get to the top, and there is a church, it is a nice church, sure. Then there is the view, ok it’s a spectacular view, but I have to let my heart beat back to normal before I will grudgingly admit to it.
We start to walk a little farther in, and there is a whole little city, like its own little community. There is art in the park, tiny cafes, darling little houses, shops selling the sweetest little postcards, and low and behold, there is a race about to start. We parked ourselves on a patio and had a Fanta, (Fanta always makes everything better, ALWAYS!) and watch the world run past.
Fantas done, and realizing we are going to be late for our next tour, Kristen, Emmanuel, and I stroll back to climb down the steps, down is fine with me by the way, and I decide that yes, it was defiantly worth it. Then I saw the Tram, the one that takes you from the bottom to top for the cost of a metro ride. If you go, take the Tram!

No comments:

Post a Comment