Where are we?: Germany
countries Visited: 9
Days on the Road: 111

Friday, October 12, 2012

Lavender Crazy Week 6! CUP CAKES !!





Lavender Cupcakes
  So this weeks’ Lavender experiment was cupcakes, because really, who doesn’t like cupcakes? This recipe was pretty simple, but I have a super handy Kitchen Aid; a much loved birthday present from my parents a few years ago. Now lacking a kitchen aid, a hand mixer can be used or, good old fashion elbow grease. You will need;

½ Cup butter, soft
1 Cup sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½  Cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ Tbsp dried lavender
2/3 Cup milk

Mix the butter and sugar together in your kitchen aid, then mix flour, salt, and backing powder in another bowl. Mix the lavender into the flour mix, crushing the buds between your fingers in the process. Pour the flour mix into the butter and sugar, and turn on low, add one egg at a time, then the vanilla and milk until fully mixed. Pour into your lined baking cups, and bake at 350, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until your toothpick comes out clean.
  While these are cooking you can make your icing. I used a cream cheese and honey icing that is as follows;

½ Cup butter
8 oz, or one package of cream cheese
4 Cups of powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp honey

  Just for fun I added a few drops of red and blue food coloring to make it purple. It turned out a bit liquidy, because of the food coloring, but you can add extra powdered sugar to fix this.
  Once your cupcakes are cooled (which I’ve always had a problem with) you can decorate!!!
  I thought these were so great I actually had 2, which is strange for me. I brought 8 to work, all I could fit, and they were all gone before the end of the night. In fact a co-worker of mine insisted I register a name for myself, before I show off any more of my cooking. If that’s not a complement, I don’t know what is.
  So any ideas on next week? Suggestions are always welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment